|“||I've been unlocked? Why, YESSSSSS!!!||”|
— The Yes Guy's Unlock Message.
The Yes Guy is an character released during the Christmas 2013 Event. He was the fourth community prize during Christmas 2013 Event for 975 million gift bags. He is part of the Oddballs character collection, and was unlocked on December 29 on the left of GMT and December 30 on the right of GMT. The player was able to get him if they'd logged into the game by January 14, 2014, like all community prizes.
He returned during the Christmas 2014 Event as a premium character. At the end of the event he was made available permanently, thereby losing his limited-time status.
He also came back in a gimmick known as the Vault, and he is one of the first characters to appear in the Vault when the player starts The Simpsons - Tapped Out for the first time.
The Yes Guy, possibly named Frank Nelson Type, but normally referred to as That Annoying Guy Who Always Says "Eeeh-Ye-e-e-es?" or That Jerk That Goes "Eeeh-Ye-e-e-es?", and sometimes referred to as The Obnoxious Yes Guy by Homer, is a resident of Springfield. He is known for bellowing “Eeeh-Ye-e-e-es?!” in a rising inflection, and appears to be highly eccentric in both his speech and appearance. He also has a quest line, known as "Positive Reinforcement." It's 49 hours long and here's how long each quest takes, making that up. Part 1: Search for a New Catchphrase (1h) Part 2: Call a Doctor (4h) Part 3: Run Away in Shame (12h) Part 4: Get a Haircut (8h) Part 5: Be Mr. Burns' Yes Man (24h)
|Search for a New Catchphrase|| 70|
|Moonlight As Security Guard|| 175|
|Work As Maître d'|| 275|
|Run Away in Shame|| 420|
|Be Mr. Burns' Yes Man|| 600|
Quest Based Jobs
|Attend Court Hearing|| 260|
|4h||Court House||Two Extra Eyes on Springfield Pt. 7|
|Storm Police Station|| 420|
|12h||Police Station||Two Extra Eyes On Springfield Pt. 5|
|24h||Town Hall||Two Extra Eyes On Springfield Pt. 4|
|Call a Doctor|| 175|
|4h||Purple House||Positive Reinforcement Pt. 2|
|Eat at a Restaurant|| 17|
|4h||Restaurants||Too Much of a Good Thing Pt. 10|
|Enjoy a Beer|| 17|
|4h||Moe's Tavern||Too Much of a Good Thing Pt. 11|
|Drink Craft Beer|| 175|
|4h||O'Flanagan's Pub||O'Flan-again Pt. 4 & Pt. 5|
|Shop for Loved Ones|| 22|
|6h||Shops||Too Much of a Good Thing Pt. 12|
|8h||Restaurants||Too Much of a Good Thing Pt. 14|
|Drink Too Much|| 27|
|8h||Moe's Tavern||Too Much of a Good Thing Pt. 15|
|Hunt for the Simpsons|| 27|
|8h||Homes||Too Much of a Good Thing Pt. 18|
|Get a Haircut|| 275|
|8h||Jake's Unisex Hair Palace||Positive Reinforcement Pt. 4|
|Stampede Stores|| 42|
|12h||Shops||Too Much of a Good Thing Pt. 16|
|Enjoy a St. Patrick's Day Beer Bash|| 500|
|16h||O'Flanagan's Pub||Dye the Town Green Pt. 6|
|Train for a St. Patrick's Day Beer Bash|| 600|
|24h||O'Flanagan's Pub||Training Day Pt. 1|
|When Selected||When sent on a good job||When sent on a bad job||When collecting from a job|
|"Eeeee-yyyessssss!" (different tone, with stress on the "yes part))||"Oh yes!"||"A-nooo..."|
- The Yes Guy is a parody of comedic actor Frank Nelson.
- He made his TV debut in the episode titled Mayored to the Mob.
- When asked by Homer why he talks like that, he responds, "I had a strooooke!!"
- Because many of The Yes Guy's tasks are based in the Purple House, it is thought that he lives there.
- The "Run Away in Shame" job will make the Yes Guy run really fast to the Purple House;
- He is one of three characters who have permanent visible tasks at the Gilded Truffle, the others being the Squeaky-Voiced Teen, and the French Waiter.
- He is one of only four characters to have permanent tasks at the Purple House, the others being Fat Tony, Hugs Bunny and the French Waiter.
- One of his "E-Yes" actually comes from an imitation of him Homer did in the episode "Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens, and Gays". Since both are voiced by Dan Castellaneta and that the imitation is nearly perfect because of this, it most likely wasn't a problem to give him a voice clip coming from another character.