The Money Mountain is a decoration that was released on May 6, 2015 with the Level 52 update. This decoration has 11 stages to which it can be upgraded. The 11th level gifts the Player with the exclusive costume for Mr. Burns - Monty Moneybags.
Completing the Mountain is not necessary in order to progress in The Simpsons: Tapped Out. It is a form of an Aspirational Building. There is neither a deadline, nor is it related to any level or event. It can be considered a personal achievement.
Similar to World's Largest Redwood, it is an upgradeable building that unlocks a new costume when the player reaches the final upgrade level.
- Explore the Caverns of Cash - 60m
- Celebrate Atop of the Mountain - 4h
- Narrowly Escape a Tunnel Collapse - 8h
- Frolic in Currency - 12h
- Mount the Money Mountain - 24h
- Empty Pockets onto Mountain - 10m / 30m / 2h / 3h
- Shovel Money onto Mountain - 6h / 10h
- Dump Truckloads of Money onto Mountain - 16h / 32h
Similarly to the Monsarno Research Campus, the Herbicide Squirter and the Outdoor Opera Stage during the Terwilligers 2015 Event, the Money Mountain has upgrades that can be applied to it. Each upgrade raises it one Level. Reaching the eleventh and final level will unlock an exclusive costume for Mr. Burns, Monty Moneybags.
Each upgrade can be bought using different ways and the table shows these possibilites. Note that starting at level six, the Player can choose between different ways to fill the mountain with money.
|Level||Image||Cost||Task||How to complete||Total Time||Rush|
|1||N/A||Make Lisa Sulk||Simpson House||1 hour||2|
|5000||Place Mr. Burns's Money Mountain||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|2||10000||Empty Pockets onto Mountain||1000 @ 10 minutes each time (10x)||100 minutes||40|
|3||15000||Empty Pockets onto Mountain||1500 @ 30 minutes each time (10x)||5 hours||60|
|4||25000||Empty Pockets onto Mountain||2500 @ 30 minutes each time (10x)||5 hours||100|
|5||50000||Empty Pockets onto Mountain||5000 @ 30 minutes each time (10x)||5 hours||200|
|6||100000||Empty Pockets onto Mountain||25000 @ 30 minutes each time (4x)||2 hours||250|
|Shovel Money onto Mountain||50000 @ 6 hours each time (2x)||12 hours|
|7||300000||Empty Pockets onto Mountain||50000 @ 30 minutes each time (6x)||3 hours||300|
|Shovel Money onto Mountain||100000 @ 6 hours each time (3x)||18 hours|
|8||500000||Empty Pockets onto Mountain||50000 @ 30 minutes each time (10x)||5 hours||350|
|Shovel Money onto Mountain||100000 @ 2 hours each time (5x)||10 hours|
|Dump Truckloads of Money onto Mountain||250000 @ 10 hours each time (2x)||20 hours|
|9||750000||Empty Pockets onto Mountain||50000 @ 30 minutes each time (15x)||7 hours 30 minutes||400|
|Shovel Money onto Mountain||100000 @ 2 hours each time (7x)(+ 1x 30min job)||14 hours|
|Dump Truckloads of Money onto Mountain||250000 @ 10 hours each time (3x)||30 hours|
|10||1250000||Empty Pockets onto Mountain||50000 @ 30 minutes each time (25x)||12 hours 30 minutes||450|
|Shovel Money onto Mountain||250000 @ 10 hours each time (5x)||50 hours|
|Dump Truckloads of Money onto Mountain||500000 @ 32 hours each time (2x)||64 hours|
|11||2500000||Empty Pockets onto Mountain||125000 @ 3 hours each time (20x)||60 hours||500|
|Shovel Money onto Mountain||250000 @ 10 hours each time (10x)||100 hours|
|Dump Truckloads of Money onto Mountain||500000 @ 32 hours each time (5x)||160 hours|
Level Up Total CostEdit
- The May 8th, 2015 update (v4_14_LunchladyDora_Patch3_Postlaunch) has fixed 3 issues regarding the Money Mountain:
- When an upgrade for the Money Mountain is available, the game won't pan to it anymore. This fixed a bug, when the game panned to the Money Mountain in a friends town.
- Mr. Burns' jobs now show up correctly all the time.
- The glitch that automatically completed part of the upgrades when visiting friends' towns has been fixed.
- The Money Mountain and the Monty Moneybags costume much resemble the Aspirational Buildings. For a big amount of Cash the Player can obtain them if they have lots of spare money.