|“||Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?||”|
— Matt Groening's unlock message
Matt Groening is the creator of the television shows Futurama, Disenchantment, and the comic strip Life in Hell.
Matt seems to be very acclaimed, since when people saw him at a comic convention, everyone went for him for an autograph. Matt told them they can also take a bit of his 'stache, as they say it's good luck. However, when Homer saw a drawing of Bongo the Rabbit by Matt Groening (from his comic Life in Hell) he said Matt was a bad artist. He was once hired to draw a caricature of Freddy Quimby in a trial. When Kent Brockman presented a list of people who were gay, Groening was on the list. He is also in Comic Book Guy's banned list in the Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop, along with Sideshow Bob, Nelson, Bart and Milhouse. When some "Everyman" comic books were being loaded in a truck, Matt Groening stole all of them and threw them into his truck.
|Correct the Pronunciation of his Name|| 1|
|Create "Collectors" Items||70|
|Meet With Fans|| 175|
|Ponder the Nature of the Universe|| 275|
|Work at his Other Office|| 420|
|Jury Duty|| 600|
|Attempt to Erase Homer|| 1200|
|When Selected||When sent on a good job||When sent on a bad job||When collecting from a job|
|"I'm happy to give anyone my autograph!"||"What about an original sketch or a snippet of my hair?"||"Suuuure..."||"Don't forget to pull my beard! They say it's good luck!"|
- Matt is the only character to be voiced in-game despite not bearing the voice of one the six 'core' voice actors of the show.
- Matt appears on "Ned's List of Laudable Lefties"
- Matt Groening is the creator of both "The Simpsons" and "Futurama", and his mansion is full of coin pills, dollar sign-shaped bushes and Simpsons characters items, such as statues and trees.
- The character and the building were originally limited time, but have been made permanent in a later update.
- He is one of only three characters in the game to have a permanent six seconds task, the others being Moe with the Moog costume and Homer with the Deep Space Homer costume.
- When he finishes a job he is seen doing the dance from Do The Bartman, an old music video featuring Bart Simpson and composed by Michael Jackson.
- Is one of the 15 characters based on real-life people, along with Mozart, Stephen Hawking, Blackbeard, Weird Al Yankovic, the presidents, Jack the Ripper, Geoffrey Chaucer, Oscar Wilde, and J. Edgar Hoover.