GOO (or Ghostly Organofluid Outflow) was the limited time currency available during the Treehouse of Horror XXIV Event. It was accumulated in order to win unique prizes. It was also accumulated in the Community prizes, where all players of The Simpsons: Tapped Out had their GOO counted together. When the Community GOO balance was high enough, unique prizes were won. The highest prize was King Homer's Skyscraper, which required 30 billion GOO. Any user could have contributed, whether logged in or playing anonymously.
Obtaining GOO[edit | edit source]
GOO was acquired in a number of ways. It was collected not only in the player's Springfield, but in their neighbour's towns as well in the following ways:
- Tapping ghosts and characters possessed by ghosts (1 GOO each, and a 1/1000 chance to receive 1 Donut).
- Sending certain characters on jobs which collect GOO for income. Marge, Homer, Bart, Lisa, Martin, Milhouse, Nelson and Mr. Burns had repeatable GOO tasks. 12 hour tasks gave 5 GOO each and 16 hour tasks gave 8 GOO each. Apu, Ned, and Frink had GOO jobs once this quest was completed; The Ghost in the Machine-based App Pt. 9.
- Visit a neighbour and the player could tap 5 ghosts in their Springfield (1 GOO per ghost).
- Visit a neighbour and the player can haunt 3 buildings (after they complete The Ghost In The Machine Pt. 3). Players could receive at least 2 GOO per building haunted. There is a one in a thousand chance of receiving 1 free Donut as well.
- Tap on haunted buildings in the player's own town (they would receive at least 2 Goo per haunted building).
- Killing gremlins in their Springfield (2 GOO per Gremlin).
- Completing tasks within the Treehouse of Horror XXIV quest-chain. (25 GOO)
- Income from gremlins that were released in their friend's towns.
Residents with Limited-Time GOO Jobs[edit | edit source]
These characters can earn GOO on certain jobs. Some are single use while others can be used throughout the entire event.
|Homer||12h||Deal with Ghosts||5, 100|
|Homer||12h||Be Possessed By Maude||5, 100||Single Use|
|Homer||12h||Get Possessed by Bont and Live Another Day||5, 100||Single Use|
|Marge||12h||Tidy up Ghosts||5, 100|
|Marge the Witch||16h||Trick or Treat||8, 125|
|Mr. Burns||12h||Eliminate Ghosts||5, 100|
|Lisa||16h||Trick or Treat (as a Witch)||8, 125|
|Bart||16h||Trick or Treat (as Frankenstein's Monster)||8, 125|
|Milhouse||16h||Trick or Treat (as a Spaceman)||8, 125|
|Martin||16h||Trick or Treat (as Calliope the Muse)||8, 125|
|Nelson||16h||Trick or Treat (as a Hobo)||8, 125|
|Maude||8h||Get Revenge on Homer||3, 70|
|Maude||24h||Haunt Springfield||10, 150|
|Maude||12h||Possess Homer||5, 100||Single Use|
|Ned||12h||Spend time with Possessed Homer||5, 100||Single Use|
|Ned||24h||Sprinkle Ghosts with Holy Water||10, 150|
|Apu||24h||Reincarnate Ghosts||10, 150|
|Frink||24h||Have an Epistomological Argument with Ghosts||15, 225|
Personal Prizes[edit | edit source]
These are the prizes players could have won for themselves during the event by collecting GOO.
|Ancient Burial Ground||500|
|Twirl ‘n’ Hurl||6500|
|Burns Coffin with Count Burns||8000|
|Gingerbread House with Suzanne the Witch||10000|
Community Prizes[edit | edit source]
These are prizes won by players worldwide, after enough GOO was collected by all players on a global scale.
|First Church of Lard Lad||5 Billion||October 7, 2013|
|Clawing Zombie||10 Billion||October 12, 2013|
|Ghost Bomb||13 Billion||October 15, 2013|
|Frog Prince||20 Billion||October 22, 2013|
|King Homer's Skyscraper||30 Billion||November 2, 2013|