The Daily Play Combo is a reward system to the player in which they can earn extra Money (or a Mystery Box) by playing or simply logging into their Springfield daily and consecutively to receive this.
The combo will start as soon as the player begins playing Tapped Out and the next day they will start earning. Different rewards will be earned by players at different times but here is an example:
If the player misses a day or more, they can 'fix this' by paying 1 or more Donuts (depending on how many days have been missed - up to 4). After the five days are over, it resets to day one.
- Before April 1, 2015 day five of the Daily Play Combo rewarded a Mystery Box (discontinued) instead.
- While certain major events were in place, the rewards changed based on what event was taking place.
- During the Treehouse of Horror XXV Event, the Daily Play Combo gave out Treat Bags instead of Cash or a Mystery Box (discontinued).
- During the Christmas 2014 Event, the Daily Play Combo gave out Presents or an Elf.
- During the Superheroes 2015 Event, the Daily Play Combo gave out Carbon Rods, Pie Bombs or Freeze Rays, depending of the part of the Event. It also removed the Mystery Boxes.
- During the Tap Ball 2015 Event, the Daily Play Combo gave out Foam Fingers, Hats, and Pennants, depending on which Act it was. For all the acts, Day 5 rewarded 3 bottles of Brain and Nerve Tonic.
- During the Monorail 2015 Event every 5th day the reward was 5000 Blueprints, Duct Tape or Bells and Whistles.
- During the Treehouse of Horror XXVI Event, the Daily Play Combo gave out either S'mores, Gummies or Candy Apples depending on which Act it was.
- During the Winter 2015 Event, the Daily Play Combo gave out either Festive Hats, Mistletoe, or Pacifiers depending on which Act it was.
- On February 4, 2016, the Daily Play Combo was replaced with Daily Challenges if the player completes the Fresh Off the Donut Truck questline. Each player received a free Mystery Box to help them forget about the Daily Play Combo.